Adlington Free Range Bronze Turkeys are free to wander outside from their big, deep straw littered open barns to enjoy the sun on their backs. They have large open paddocks to run in, and really seem to enjoy racing around and making a lot of noise! Of course, Adlington Free Range Bronze Turkeys have access to fresh food and water at all times.
Following our feeding regime throughout our flocks, we are also passionate about the food our Adlington Free Range Bronze Turkeys consume and ensure only the best food ingredients in their diet. Using a wholesome a diet of cereals plus whole and natural crushed oats from neighbouring farmers, we fully understand oats are fantastic natural feed for poultry, offering high health benefits to the flock with their slow burn fats ensuring the highest quality and flavoursome meat. Combine this fine diet with our traditional game hanging and low stress production methods and you will truly see the difference in our succulent and juicy bird.
Cooking guidelines for your Adlington Christmas Turkey
- Allow your turkey to settle at room temperature for approximately 2 hours
- Pre heat your oven to 180ºC/355ºF (or 160ºC for a fan assisted oven)
- Place the turkey in a large roasting tin upside down. This allows the juices to run into the breast of the turkey, keeping it moist. There is no need to cover it with foil.
- Roast the turkey for:
3kg – 105 minutes
4kg – 120 minutes
5kg – 135 minutes
6kg – 150 minutes
7kg – 165 minutes
8kg – 180 minutes
9kg – 195 minutes
- Half an hour before the end, turn the turkey over to allow the breast skin to brown and add more salt and pepper
- Check the turkey every 10 minutes until it reaches 75ºC or until the thigh juices run clear
- Once cooked, allow the turkey to rest for 15 to 60 minutes
- Whilst it is resting, pour the juices into a saucepan and allow to cool. Skim the fat off the top and when ready to eat, simply reheat it and stir in 2 tablespoons of flour to thicken, if required, for a delicious gravy
Please note that these are guidelines only and you should refer to your oven manual and make sure that the turkey reaches 75ºC before eating.
Click to download these instructions